Thursday 28 February 2008

There Are Monsters

Andrew Kidd Duke Street Primary School Chorley Jane Watts Anne Callander

Newt:My mommy always said there were no monsters - no real ones - but there are.
Ripley:Yes, there are, aren’t there ?
Newt:Why do they tell little kids that ?
Ripley:Most of the time it’s true.
Aliens (1986)

There are indeed monsters and those now in my life are very alien !


I glance over my shoulder, looking back at people that I thought were my friends, professional working colleagues, and no longer recognize them. From my perspective, they are now shadowy demons - aliens who would now devour you in a blink of an eye, without regret nor remorse.

Paranoia ? Maybe, but I do not think so. It is very hard to acknowledge that so many people are not only superficial but they are weak, malicious and scheming - such traits are alien to me. The consequence is that is not only difficult but it is dangerous to extend any form of expression of friendship.

In the past, there was nothing that I would not do for another - and in return, they have done nothing for me.

They have become akin to the village angry mob with flaming torches in the dark - vengeful, hostile and cowardly.

Why ? They are frightened - they know that what has happened to me can happen to them. Their fear makes them all vulnerable, open to bullying and further intimidation by the head teacher and therefore they will betray you to protect themselves.

It is sad to realize that I have learned not to trust or believe in the faith and conviction of others - maybe I have just opened my eyes to the truth of the reality of the world ... there are monsters and they are everywhere !

Visitors