Wednesday 2 April 2008

No Charges For ‘Slapper’

Andrew Kidd Duke Street Primary School Chorley Jane Watts Anne Callander“Advertisements... contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper.”

Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

“Editor: a person employed on a newspaper whose business it is to separate the wheat from the chaff and to see that the chaff is printed.”
Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Once again I find myself in the newspapers - Chorley Guardian, 02 April 2008. The malicious cruelty of everything that has befallen me is unbearable and once again I feel so miserable.

Andrew Kidd Duke Street Primary School Chorley Jane Watts Anne Callander
The same article also had been published by the Lancashire Evening Post on 27 March 2008 - it seems likely that the story had been released to the press on the day of my hearing - probably as a precautionary measure, approved by the LEA.

I had spoken with the LEA last September about press statements. It seemed morally wrong that they should contribute to an article without alerting the individual of its impending publication. They agreed that it was an oversight and that they would review their policies. In future, I was assured that every effort would be made to contact the person to prevent unnecessary distress.

You get used to hearing empty meaningless words that have no sincerity - who cares !

I have pondered over these months as to who was responsible for contacting the local press. I had thought it to be my head teacher but the content was too thin and I am still puzzled. This time it must have been the head teacher - he is a bully and it is in his nature to exhibit such acts of cruelty.

To protect himself, the head teacher then put this notice up in the staffroom :

Internal Disciplinary Issue “It has come to my attention that there is talk about this matter, and not just because of an article in a local paper recently. I would like to inform staff that the process is ongoing and that staff need to respect the confidentiality associated with such a situation.”

Visitors